Obtaining your CPCS cards is a complicated process as there are so many courses available and you need to have an idea which plant equipment you wish to qualify in, to avoid unnecessary costs.
We strongly urge anyone thinking of taking a CPCS Test to contact our staff in the first instance, without obligation.
Information needed is:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your home address
- Email (if you have one)
- Phone numbers (mobile, best day time, best work)
- Your occupation
- Your National Insurance number
- The Plant Category and Sub-Category you wish to take the test in (if known)
Select a Card Type for More Information
If you want to obtain a red card and you need training with Trade Assessments click here. If you want to upgrade from a red to a blue and you have an up to date health and safety and an NVQ 2 or higher click here.
If you want to renew your blue CPCS card, if you have both your practical test and log book click here. If you do not have these click here.
We will then talk to you about the following to work out how the CPCS Scheme will work best for you:
- Your current job
- Your past experience
- Any qualifications you have
- If you belong to a professional body
- Your CITB Number (if you have one)
- If you have a current CSCS card that you want to update (or if this is your first application) we will discuss with you about any additional qualifications or training you may need to gain the next level CSCS card.
Confirm whether you need to send any paperwork with your completed application form.
Discuss the health and safety test with you (or if you have taken this, the date you passed it) – you must pass this to apply for a CPCS Card (this is to examine your knowledge across a wide range of health and safety topics in order to improve safety and productivity on site. It is usually taken as a PC-based touch screen test).
The first thing you will need to do is complete a Health and Safety Touch Screen Test (which must be completed within two years).
If you need additional support eg accessibility or literacy please let us know about your requirements.
Please contact us now to discuss the Health and Safety Test and the CPCS cards.